Get more of the right work done with less Stress all the time
Fallbrook, CA, January 17, 2018 – Early in the year, after the holiday festivities have subsided, is a perfect time to invest in improving your time management skills and get more of the right work done in less time with less stress.
According to Lynn Sherman, President of PEPworldwide in the United States, “Our TIME MANAGEMENT TIPS are proven, yet common sense techniques that are implementable and sustainable. One has to stick with them in order for them to become everyday habits and routines. Changing your behavior is what it takes. It’s an investment of your time and energy that can transform your work process.
For the past decade we have surveyed our global partners to learn what they consider the best TIME MANAGEMENT TIPS they have identified throughout the past year.”
PEPworldwide’s 2018 TIME MANAGEMENT IMPROVEMENT TIPS are:
- Do Not Multi-Task! It wastes time, decreases focus, and creates stress. (United States)
- Manage every day by learning to use your Calendar and Task tools effectively. (China)
- Make appointment with yourself on your Calendar to address important work and treat these appointments the same as you would treat a meeting with others. (Columbia)
- Make common rules for filing documents and – follow the rules! This is knowledge management and saves lots of time, difficulties and disappointments. (Denmark)
- Wrap up your week every Friday with a plan for the following week. (Hong Kong)
- Take control of your devices instead of letting them interrupt you constantly. (Lux)
- Do it right the first time. Be efficient and make it a habit. (Malaysia)
- Improve your collaboration by filing common documents in a shared drive. Share documents with a hyperlink instead of a copy in the email. (Netherlands)
- Ask why before starting a piece of work – Is this the best use of my time. (New Zealand)
- Create awareness of your area of responsibility. This will help you to ensure that you are spending sufficient time and energy in the areas important to you. (Norway)
- Progress is taking actions promptly. Use your calendar proactively. (Philippines)
- Do not duplicate your work! Once you touch an email bring it forward, because it does not matter where you opened it – either your computer or smartphone. (Poland)
- Catch it while small. Don’t let things to get out of hand. Stop procrastinating. (Singapore)
- Do what’s important and value adding to your organization. (Taiwan)
- Dedicate the first 45 minutes of your day to a Major Priority before opening email. (UK)
- Stay focused on the end result. Don’t be distracted with the “noise.” Switch off your mobile phone if you must concentrate to complete a task promptly. (Vietnam)
PEPworldwide in the United States, a partner in the global consortium that developed the 17-year-running White Collar Productivity Index (WPI)®. was founded in 1984, and has served over 1.5 million people worldwide through their PEP® Programs.
Source: Bary Sherman bary.sherman@PEPww.com 760.731.1400